Amongst other things I have been mainly working on the Java application for my central system. One main part of the new functions was the integration of the Victron devices via Modbus/TCP. Had a few minor hurdles but all good in the end. Still a few open questions with some of the functions of the Victron components but that is for a later stage. I have not yet connected both solar controllers and battery monitors. The chassis battery is not yet in place, also working on that one. I have tested the BMS and the CAN bus connection to the BMS in my office and also integrated the CAN bus now into the central app. So far I have only tested the components using my test application, but now the connection to the central application is done.

The image below shows the home screen of the central application. The house battery and some charger and inverter information is showing on that panel.   The facebook readers will not see all the images below. You need to go to the website.

The AC Overview Panel


Below is the real time plot of the input AC voltage and current. I also done the same for the output of the big inverter. Will do similar for the small inverter but have to install my own measurement circuits.


Below panel shows the battery status of the chassis battery through the BMS interface.


This is the charge and load display for the house battery.


The panel below shows the real time plot of a short charge cycle of the house battery.


I also added some more action fields to the home panel.


On of the new additions is the Activity Panel. It allows to select a profile for a specified activity and will switch all components into a predefined state. This includes every possible signal in the van.


The other action field I have done is to call the display panels for all the Victron devices. Each device can be selected from the left part of the display. On the right all data fields for that device are displayed in a list form. This is not final, but I just done it as a quick test. Below image shows the display for the Multiplus inverters. They can also switched on and off from that panel. I have switches for the inverter and the charger function at more than one place in the application.


The panel for the replacement of the digital multi control. I cannot switch the inverter remotely unless the multi control is disconnected from the CCGX. With this panel the AC input current limiter is adjusted. This is handy when connected to a lower power AC source, like a 10 Amp power point or a small generator, which is unlikely but nevertheless possible.


The display for the BMV of the house battery.


The display for the solar controller.


The other main section I have implemented is centred around the device panel.


The device panel shows the list of connected devices. I have done a subsection for each devices providing more info about each device.


The data section of the CCGX provides online access to the Victron VRM. The manual sections of the CCGX showing document links. This list is generated from a csv file and the documents are loaded into a PDF viewer, which I integrated into the application. All manuals, documents, help files, images etc. will be available in that resource section as they were available at the time of finishing the build of the van, reflecting the latest version of each component.


The image below shows the PDF viewer with a loaded document.


The last section I implemented is the help system. At the bottom right of the screen I positioned the help button. With the button pressed the help panel is shown and help mode is switched on. This means one can click on any button and the corresponding help text will show. On top of that the help texts can also contain hyperlinks which can be followed through the documentation.


The image below shows the help text for the home panel. Not quite finished, I only entered that as a test.
The help texts are done with html and the display panel is implemented using a browser module.


Over time I will do more help texts.