Another couple of sensors arrived and I put the boards together to connect them to the can bus. They are sensors to measure
salinity and water quality of the output of our water processor to automatically stop or redirect the output if quality goes below a given threshold. The important bit here is where and how to mount them to get reliable readings. I will have to experiment a bit.

I have also ordered inspection lids for my water tanks since I have to open them to install my senders. They all have pre installed fixed level probes, but I don’t like that 1/3 1/2 3/4 display concept.
The image above  shows the two sensors from Atlas scientific.

I also started to do a total of three wikis where I document development, installation and use of all the components and concepts. Rather than writing individual documents, which I need to do that I don’t forget things at my age and that I have all info handy when I need it. Same effort, just goes into one place including all the support documents including photos, drawings, etc.

Next week will be just as busy, finishing all my cutting including the steel for the trailing arms and the building the base for us to
assemble the chassis on. More documentation of all the tests and designs I made for the sensors and a few more new things to try out, but I am almost there with my testing and initial design of all the senor types and signal types I have to use. The CAN bus runs well, however some shields with some Arduino “compatible” boards have difficulty and I did have to test the combinations which work, but that is done now.

The next lot of laser cut parts are ready for pickup next week and the last lot is in the queue. So everything works as intended so far.